The ship beneath the ice : the discovery of Shackleton's Endurance / Mensun Bound.
A renowned marine biologist presents this extraordinary firsthand account of the discovery of Ernest Shackleton's Endurance--a century to the day after Shackleton's death--that captures the intrepid spirit that joins two mariners across the centuries, both of whom accomplished the impossible.
- ISBN: 9780063297401
- ISBN: 006329740X
- Physical Description: 403 pages, 16 unnumbered pates of plates : illustrations (chiefly color) portraits, photographs, map ; 24 cm
- Edition: First Mariner Books hardcover edition.
- Publisher: New York : Mariner Books, 2023.
Publisher, publishing date, and paging may vary.
"Originally published in the UK in 2022 by Macmillan, an imprint of Pan Macmillan"--Title page verso.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
The Weddell Sea expedition. January 2019 -- February 2019 -- The Endurance22 expedition. January 2022 -- February 2022 -- March 2022 -- Epilogue -- Appendix 1: Members of the Imperial Trans-Atlantic expedition 1914-17 -- Appendix 2: Members of the Weddell Sea expedition 2019 -- Appendix 3: Members of the Endurance22 expedition 2022.
Search for related items by subject
- 6 of 8 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 2 of 2 copies available at Crawford County.
- 1 current hold with 8 total copies.
Show Only Available Copies
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Crawford County Library-Bourbon||919.8 BOU (Text)||33431000710069||Adult Non-Fiction||Available||-|
|Crawford County Library-Recklein Memorial-Cuba||919.89 BOU (Text)||33431000664340||Adult Non-Fiction||Available||-|